Thursday, December 31, 2009
Once in a Blue Moon Resolutions
Resolutions aren't really my thing. I usually prefer to just do things as they occur to me, or plan just before so I don't forget anything. I'm insanely organized and love to keep lists (OCD anyone) so you'd think resolutions would be right up my alley. After all, resolutions are just plans, just a list of things to do in the next year, goals to accomplish. Right? Wrong!
I've always viewed resolutions as the impossibly difficult goals that must be accomplished. As in set in stone. Then, when I fail to meet that goal I feel super guilty. Well, this year is going to be different! Why? Well, when your 10 year old wants to make some resolutions with you then you have no choice but to put on the smiley face. And when he reminds you that you only have to try your best...it suddenly looks a bit different. And in the spirit of our rare Blue Moon...
My Resolutions for 2010:
1. Have 200 minions for the Bite Club. I have been so pleased with the number of people that post a comment and/or send an email. Hearing from others is a big part of the fun and I love to read the comments everyday- I try to comment as often as possible. I'm also hoping to do a big giveaway when I achieve this goal:)
2. Review more books for VampChix. This has been the most surprising part about blogging! It's hard to do sometimes because I am not a writer but I totally love having the chance to review vampire books.
3. Manage my TBR pile. My husband jokes that we could build new rooms with all my books. I'd like to limit my spending while still being able to read all my favorite authors and my favorite genres. Maybe a book swap event or something. Any ideas?
4. Keep track of all the vampire books that I read in 2010.
5. Keep on blogging! This blog has been so much fun and I can't wait for 2010. Some really fantastic authors have agreed to participate and I'm really excited about that. I have Bite Club booked through May!! However, I absolutely could not do this without all my internet friends so I thank you for reading vampire books with me and sharing your thoughts and time. 2010 will rock!
There you have it. My blogging goals. So now let's tip our hats and enjoy the beginning of a fabulous year to come.
Happy New Years!!!!