Wednesday, January 27, 2010

sneak peek discussion ideas

I'm not quite done with my discussion ideas but I wanted to give a preview for those that are still reading the book, or for those that want to go back and skim the highpoints. I mentioned the importance of the first chapter and I definitely want to have a question dealing with one subject mentioned in chapter 1...Club Hell. Dante, Inferno, Lucien, and the club scene plays out through the entire novel. The wardrobe, music, and friends can be seen as an extension of Dante's personality. He is fiercely loyal to those he cares for and he takes that role very seriously. This is a crowd that is often misrepresented in books and movies but I feel that Adrian Phoenix gave readers an honest view- one that led to an emotional investment in these characters. In our discussion I'd like to further examine Club Hell and Dante.

Another discussion topic that will be further explored is relationships. Rush Of Wings had so many vital connections between characters, including Dante and Lucien, Dante and Von, Heather and her family, the Bad Seed 'brothers', and Heather and her FBI job. All of this will be part of a post titled Character Relationships.

And of course, the chat day would not be complete if we didn't have a post for the vampire mythology!

I look forward to chat days so we can explore all these subjects and more! Don't forget that if you have any book questions for Adrian, email me at vampchixreadbooks@gmail.com, and I will put them together in a post for her to answer on chat days!

No comments: