Put on your thinking caps, pull up a comfy chair and grab a copy of the book. These are some tough questions!
Questions of Intent:
1. What is the significance of Olivia and her sisters calling the people from whom they feed 'figs'?
2. What is the nature of the hotel in Ireland? What do you think is the meaning/purpose of the energy-capture mechanisms there?
3. Alyx tells Olivia that she has 2 deaths. What does the book suggest are the 2 ways desire can die?
4. How does Dominic's relationship to knowledge change over the course of the book?
5. What do the gifts that Dominic and Olivia give to each other mean?
I'd really like to hear what you have to say, so leave a comment in response to any, or all, of the questions. I will be checking in throughout the day and promise to respond in a timely manner.