Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Side read: A glimpse at Harlequin and Nocturnes

Live the emotion with Harlequin novel today.


Boy is that the truth! Harlequin literally has something for everyone and each line is designed to appeal to a target audience and has a constantly rotating selection of titles from some of the biggest names in women's fiction. Harlequin publishes over 110 titles a month in 28 languages in 114 international markets on six continents. Under the Harlequin imprint you can find a specialty to suit any taste.





*Teen: Young readers will enjoy a wide variety of fiction, from contemporary, paranormal, fantasy, sci-fi, historical and, of course, a good dose of romance!



*Blaze: This series is as hot as it gets! Our Harlequin Blaze couples know what they want and they go out and get it. You can count on a satisfying romantic relationship and plenty of steamy sensuality throughout the book — these books tell it like it is inside and outside the bedroom.




*Intrigue: Shared dangers lead to shared passions in these exciting books! You'll find yourself on the edge of your seat as characters conquer everything from kidnappings to murder mysteries, only to find themselves irresistibly drawn to one another.




*Nocturne: Meet dark, sexy and powerful characters in these paranormal novels whose chilling stories will thrill you. This line also has the Nocturne Bites, like Halo Hunter, that are short stories with a paranormal twist.

Being a paranormal blogger I am, of course, delighted that Harlequin has created a line just for me. Okay, not just for me, but it is definitely cool to have a place to go on a monthly basis and find new books featuring zombies, vampires, werewolves and demons. June and July look to be promising with books from Lori Devoti (Zombie Moon), Michele Hauf (Angel Slayer), Vivi Anna (The Vampire's Kiss), and Lindsay McKenna (Guardian).

Do you have a Harlequin favorites? Have you shopped the eHarlequin website?

2 comments:

Jen D. @ Not Now...I'm Reading! said...

I'm not going to lie. I wasn't a fan of these books but, I finally read my first Harlequin novel a few months back and it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Most of the covers are a little off putting so I never stopped by the display long enough to investigate any of the books. Now that I'm no longer biased, I'd definitely give the eHarlequin website a chance and do a little investigating.

Anonymous said...

I just rediscovered these books myself. I remember reading them as a teen, because who at that age doesn't love a romance, and then I switched to reading mostly horror and vampires so I stopped looking at Harlequin. But I am impressed with the quality of authors and genres- so much variety. I just saw an Alexis Morgan title that looked good. So, further investigation is definitely needed and I suspect that I will be wanting that e-reader even more:)

You're right about the covers though. Sometimes they do look hokey or have a whacked title. And since I am a visual person that really effects my shopping selections. I use the "would I hold this in the parent pick up line" rule and if I would be embarrassed, then no purchase. Granted, it takes a lot to embarrass me and it's usually titles that influence that part of my decision. My kids are in elementary school and once they learned to read...the whole world changes. I do not want to explain why I am reading a book about a virgin and a oil tycoon, ya know.