Monday, June 7, 2010

Side read: Halo Hunter by Michele Hauf

What is a side read? With so many good paranormal reads coming out each month it's getting harder and harder to just choose one for our book club so I created a side read project that highlights some of the books that have come out during the month. We won't be having formal discussion questions for these titles, but we can still get together and talk.

I've never featured an e-book before mainly because I don't have an e-reader yet, but this is a Nocturne Bites and since they're pretty short I thought I'd give it a try. Besides all that, the thought of not physically adding to my TBR mountain was appealing on various levels.

Halo Hunter is available now and can be found at the eHarlequin website or at Amazon for under $3.00. A great book and a great price!

Excerpt from Halo Hunter:

My name is Michael Donovan. I'm a halo hunter. And I want to believe.

For ten years I've been collecting halos, lost when fallen angels purposefully left heaven to mate with human women. But in all that time, I've never seen an angel.

In Paris searching for halo number fifteen, I get a lucky break when a gorgeous woman named Vinny offers up the halo's location--for a price. Even though she sends up all kinds of warning signals, I can't resist her offer. She's too interesting, too mysterious...and way too sexy.

Sure enough, soon I'm being shot at, followed by strange men, and learning more about the supernatural world from Vinny than I ever could have imagined. Why are the pretty ones always so dangerous?

Read the first chapter here!

No comments: