Okay, I had big plans to recap this show but I have discovered two very important things. The first, I am not very good at summarizing shows and this just furthers my belief that Jen and Betty are superstar blog goddesses. The second is that flu bugs suck and dreaming of the zombie apocalypse is not helping. Sad, I know. So here is my condensed Campbell soup version for this week.
I'm approaching this show differently than I would let's say a movie or book about zombies. Since the creators want us to tune in each week it needs to be about more than zombies, more than survivors, more than blood and guts. Episode 2 introduced a few new characters (some good and some not so good), showed a new hardness to Rick's story (he cut up a zombie and didn't even flinch...much), and reinforced my dislike of the partner and wife (she's weak and he is a cowardly family snatching jerk). It's making me nuts not to know how this virus started, they need to start dropping a few more clues, and I am having creepy dreams about these almost intelligent walkers (they know to pick up rocks and smash glass). I'd have to say that the overall tone for episode 2 was way more intense than the premiere and I was on the edge of my seat during most of the show, especially towards the end when they were walking among the zombies and trying to heist the truck so they could escape.
I do have a few questions for you though.
- Would you have left that nasty racist up on the roof with no means for escape? If so, would you later confess to the equally unhinged brother?
- Do you dislike the wife and partner as much as I do? Or are you more sympathetic to the stress and situation? I get that the situation is crazy and they couldn't exactly carry a comatose guy around while trying to escape a horde of flesh eating zombies, but something just feels off and the partner seems so self centered. I don't think he cares about the group as much as he lets on and can absolutely see him screwing them over. I think he wanted the wife for himself even before the outbreak.
- How do you think Rick is going to react when he finds out?
- What do you think caused this zombie outbreak? Any theories so far?
- Tuning in next week? I am!!!
Don't forget to hop over to the official AMC Walking Dead website and take the survival test. I scored the rank of Father figure, which essentially means that I am smart, compassionate and not a total failure in stressful situations. Let me know your score! And if you get the chance, play the Atlanta Run game- I'm curious to see how that goes.