Here's my recipe for a Bloody Pina Colada, courtesy of Martha Stewart:
- FOR THE "BLOOD"
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoons red food coloring
- FOR THE DRINK
- 20 ounces pineapple juice
- 1 can (15 ounces) cream of coconut
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup orange juice
- 10 ounces good-quality rum
- Pour the corn syrup in a shallow bowl. Dip a toothpick into the food coloring, and stir a very small amount into the syrup to combine. Hold a glass by the stem, dip rim into the syrup mixture, and turn glass, coating entire rim. Turn the glass upright, allowing mixture to drip down sides. Dip the remaining glasses. Set aside.
- Whisk together drink ingredients. Place 2 1/2 cups ice in a blender, and add 1 cup drink mixture. Blend until smooth; add more pineapple juice if mixture is too thick. Repeat with remaining ice and mixture. Carefully pour into prepared glasses; serve.
*leave a comment with your favorite vampire themed drink, alcoholic or not
*leave a way to contact you should you win, unless email is listed in your profile
*contest open until midnight March 26th, winner will be chosen at random and announced the following day
*winner gets to choose selection from the below mentioned titles
Titles available in this contest are:
Blood Ties by Tanya Huff (book)
Blood Ties Season 2 (dvd)
How To Catch and Keep a Vampire by Diana Laurence
Dark Hunter Vol. 1 by Sherrilyn Kenyon (manga)
Vampires by Joules Taylor