Friday, April 30, 2010

Book finished, last day of the side read project, guest review options

Thanks for checking out the first Side Read Project at Bite Club! Stayed up really late the last 2 nights but I finished Lover Mine so it's all worth it! We'll just ignore the fact that I look slightly demonic with red burning eyes, that kinda feel like they might fall out, and move on to the comments about the book. I promised that I wouldn't have any spoilers from the book so I can't, or won't, say much except that this book was the best to date in the BDB series. And if you are fortunate enough to live in Canada and you don't have a copy of the book yet, pop on over to SciFiGuy and enter to win 1 of 5 copies that he has up for grabs.

My basic thoughts are this: At first I was worried that the book might deal with too much at once but Ward has once again demonstrated her talent as a gifted writer and the story just flowed from one thing to the next, and back. John and Xhex are my favorite couple yet and their story is truly a beautiful thing. The sex, as usual, was off the hook! I did miss a few characters that weren't mentioned as much as in previous books but that's because I am a spoiled brat and always want more BDB.

How many of you have finished Lover Mine? What are your thoughts about John and Xhex? Interested in writing a guest review for the blog? Email me at vampchixreadbooks@gmail.com and we'll set something up!

No comments: