Monday, April 26, 2010

Side Read Project

What is a side read, you ask? Well, being a monthly book club means that while we get the opportunity to focus on one book at great length and detail, we might miss out on the chance to talk about other awesome vampire reads. Hence, the side read project was born! Each month bookshelves are crowded with a varying assortment of paranormal fiction and sometimes these book deserve a little bit of extra attention. There is no set criteria as to what books are chosen but I do have a few guidelines:

A) Books might be part of an existing series that we love and can't get our hands on fast enough.
B) The selection might be the phenomenal debut of a new and exciting author.
C) A book might be part of a spin off series from an author that writes fantastic vamp fiction.

The possibilities are endless! If you have a book that you think should be featured, email me and I'll see what I can do. I want to do 2 books a month and spend a couple days for each book. This is a time where we can just share opinions about the book without any formal discussion questions. And as usual, I am totally open to any and all suggestions.

I will be announcing our first side read project tomorrow!!!

No comments: