Thursday, May 13, 2010

talkin' tattoos

Well, the tattoos aren't talking- we are. About tattoos. As you know, the latest contest deals with the question of sportin' a tattoo for all eternity. Well, I actually have 4 tattoos at the moment (1 arm, 2 ankle, 1 leg) and I'd love to get some more ink. Nothing too crazy though! Maybe add to my arm tat- something dark and swirly to snake around my bicep. And I really want Jack and Sally, and a pair of bat wings. The bat wings probably won't happen unless I win the lottery because I don't have that much cash to toss around, but Jack and Sally could definitely make an appearance. And if I was suddenly rich I'd get a scene from Dracula done on my lower back, complete with the castle and all 3 brides. You know, something manga looking.

Anyways...I remember when my mom saw my first tattoo (she thought it was the devil) and she said the typical mom thing, "Are you really going to want that on your ankle when you're 80?" Of course I said yes and I actually still mean it. I guess I'm lucky because my tastes haven't changed that much since I was a teenager.

Here's the tat that I got when I was 18, like a million years ago:


Yep, you guessed it. Dracula- wrapped around my ankle. It's still my favorite movie too!

4 comments:

Carrie said...

THAT IS AN AWSOME TAT. IT STILL LOOKS GOOOD FOR BEING SO OLD.

Kris said...

That is a good looking tat. In defense of your mom I can see where she thought it looked like a devil though.

I want more ink myself...I have 9 tats all together mostly medium to big. They've allways been my weakness. But, now I must be responsible adult LOL so more will just have to wait.

I love the idea of the bat wings...very different!

Anonymous said...

Carrie- You're my baby sister, you have to say you like it or you might not get presents at Christmas:) Just kidding! Seriously, it has held up well over the years. I think it's been like 17 or so.

Kris- 9 tats! Awesome! Here's to being a kid forever:)

Vickie said...

Excellent color!!