Monday, February 28, 2011

Monday at the Movies: The Howling (1981)

I haven't watched this movie in a long time, like when I was a kid, but it used to scare the hell out of me and I'm curious to see what I think about it now. That's the beauty of Netflix because I can just add this little title to my queue, no fuss no muss, and turn next weekend into a scary movie festival at my house. I just love popcorn! How many of you have seen The Howling? Any thoughts?


A few funny quotes I found on imdb. It looks like the bookstore dude has the best lines.

*Bookstore owner: [On how to kill werewolves] Silver bullets or fire, that's the only way to get rid of the damn things. They're worse than cock-a-roaches.

*Bookstore owner: [about his occult bookstore] We get 'em all: sun-worshippers, moon-worshippers, Satanists. The Manson family used to hang around and shoplift. Bunch of deadbeats!

*Chris: You believe in this?
*Bookstore owner: What am I, an idiot? I'm makin' a buck here. You want books, I got books. I got chicken blood, I got dog embryos, I got black candles, I got wolf-bane. Look at this: Silver bullets. Some joker ordered them. Thirty-ought-six. 

No comments: