Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Where the heck did this go?? Monday at the movies: Romance Edition

As I was getting ready to type up my Being Human post I saw that my Valentine's tribute to romantic movies never posted which means that once again Blogger ate my homework. It's like having a dropped call which pisses me off. Sorting through pictures of Gerard Butler is hard work I tell you so I don't really want to just toss this away. So let's all pretend that this is Valentine's Day and we are looking for romantic movies:




Finding a paranormal romance movie isn't exactly an easy task, and I tend to get sidetracked when I start browsing my collection, especially when Gerard Bulter is involved, but I think I have come up with 3 solid choices for this Valentines season.


Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992):

Dracula: I have crossed oceans of time to find you. 

Dracula: Absinthe is the aphrodisiac of the self. The green fairy who lives in the absinthe wants your soul. But you are safe with me. 

Mina: I want to be what you are, see what you see, love what you love. 
Dracula: Mina, to walk with me you must die to your breathing life and be reborn to mine. 
Mina: You are my love... and my life, always.
Dracula: Then, I give you life eternal. Everlasting love. The power of the storm. And the beasts of the earth. Walk with me to be my loving wife, forever.



Wolfman (2010)

Maleva: Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms, and the autumn moon is bright.
Lawrence: must confess, I envy my brother. The days he had with you, what joy he must have felt. I would have given anything I own to have known you in another life. I must get back to Talbot Hall and end this. 

Gwen:  It must be a wonderful luxury doing battle with imaginary demons, Mr. Talbot. Mine right now are very real.
Phantom of the Opera (2004)




Phantom: Say you'll share with me one love, one lifetime. Lead me, save me from my solitude. Say you'll want me with you here beside you. Anywhere you go, let me go too. Christine, that's all I ask of... 

Phantom: Slowly, gently, night unfurls its splendour. Grasp it, sense it - tremulous and tender. Turn your face away from the garish light of day, turn your thoughts away from cold, unfeeling light - and listen to the music of the night! 

And because he's insanely hot...



***Update: Flyboy came home a day early and all is right with the world!!!

Happy Valentine's Day!! I'm getting the best present of all because Flyboy finally came home yesterday after a 2 month TDY and I don't think any further explanations are needed ;)

No comments: