Monday, April 11, 2011

Monday at the Movies: Insidious (2011)




The lowdown:

Josh and Renai have a happy family with their three young children. When tragedy strikes their young son, Josh and Renai begin to experience things that science cannot explain.

The trailer:



Has anybody seen this movie? The commercial alone scares the #@$% out of me and yet I know that when the DVD comes out I will be sitting on my couch clutching my pillow to my face in absolute terror. Masochist? Maybe. There is just something extra creepy when a haunting/possession/horror movie has a kid in it. Remember The Omen? Or The Exorcist? Poltergeist? The older I get the scarier these movies become but I must like being scared because I keep watching them!

2 comments:

GoldenAgeofGeek said...

I've seen it. It is VERY scary and extremely well done. It will remind people of Poltergeist, if Poltergeist was done on a low budget. The best thing about this film is that it cost $1 million to make. It's a wake up call to the SyFy crowd that they don't have to sacrifice quality for budget. It's also a shot at the big budget horror flops. This one doesn't do anything they don't do. It just takes the time to establish its characters and it executes the scares correctly!

Rain Maiden said...

I can't even watch the trailer to this movie it scares the you know what out of me.