Sunday, August 21, 2011

Spooktacular Sunday: Monster High



No books or movies this weekend. Yep, you guessed it, I am amazingly behind on all things blog related. Every summer it's the same thing for all parents: you think having the little monsters go back to school will be the best thing ever, better than a half naked Alcide even, only once the school week begins it is just one thing after another. Total chaos! School supplies, uniforms, lunch food, money for books, money for class supplies, homework, cranky kids, tired kids, parents that suck, school parking, and the cherry on top of that lunatic sundae is that I am also supposed to head back to the playground for monitor duty and it's 100 damn degrees outside.

*okay. take a deep breath. relax*

Thanks for letting me rant. Since our usual feature for today is aimed at children and the young adult crowd I thought it might be cool to post about my daughter's latest obsession... Monster High! These Monster High dolls are wicked cool and I wish they had them when I was a kid. It's also quite fun to hunt around for them and watch her eyes light up when we find a new doll. Each Monster High doll is the son or daughter of a monster and they all attend the same school. The "lesson" is that it's totally okay to be different, at least according to the little cartoons on the website. Our favorites are: Draculaura (vampire), Spectra (ghost), Ghoulia (zombie), and Lagoona (sea creature). They have books available as well so expect reviews in the coming weeks.





Do any of you have Monster High fever?

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Anna, I totally agree with you. While I do not have any Monster High Dolls, as the boys are not into them. :) Going back to school this week was a bit nuts, by the time we all got home books were definitely not on my mind, even the homework kind. :) Here's to the weather cooing down soon!

Rain Maiden said...

I wish these dolls were out when I was a kid. My four year old is still a bit too young for them. She would undress them and that would be that.

James Garcia Jr said...

Hi, Anna. I just wanted to let you know that we feel your pain. My 13 year old son is sick already, after only three days of school; and my 17 year old son is a senior this year who starts tomorrow. Both are in band, so we've got the whole uniforms and fund-raiser things going on already, too. *sigh* Oh, and I can't wait for the end of the 100 degree heat.
Hang in there,

-Jimmy

Betty Turner said...

I'm sooo behind on reading this post. But I saw these dolls at Wal-Mart the other day and was intrigued. I had forgotten about them until I read your post and then went to their website, and of course, I was fascinated.

I went over to Toy-R-Us after work and blew 85 dollars on the start of my collection. Nope I don't have kids. They're for me.. LOL I have Frankie Stein, Clawd Wolf, and Draculaura. AND I have separate fashions and shoes for them. Yep I'm a proud, Monster High doll owning nerd. =)

I also read a little about the books and am excited to see what you guys think about them.