BEWARE! CONTAINS SPOILERS & OFFENSIVE LANGUAGE! YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!
It is with a heavy heart that I declare True Blood season 4 over. *sigh* The finale was a little all over the place but, the main theme I noticed throughout the show was closure. Before we get to the juicy bits I just want to take a second to thank you guys for supporting these recap posts. It means a lot to me that you guys take time out of your day to visit and talk shop with me. It's what I miss most during the off season. Please feel free to visit me if the Jen D. blues become to much to bear. ;-) Anywho, let's discuss the finale shall we?
- I can't believe Jesus took a fork the hand!
- The conversation between Sook and Tara about the porch was very sweet.
- The moment Sam and Maxine had at Tommy's grave was very touching. I almost got misty-eyed when Luna and Emma joined him. I hope she sticks around.
- The pep talk Jason gives himself before talking to Hoyt was hilarious. The ugliness that happened afterward, not so much.
- Arlene and Terry dressed as zombies was classic!
- I had a feeling Jesus was going to die. I just didn't think it would be at the hands of Lafayette who's possessed by that bitch Marnie.
- Arlene's daughter's Teen Mom costume was priceless!
- Anyone else think Patrick is hella creepy?!
- Damn it Sookie! Just give Alcide a chance. He's got a fabulous pair of butt cheeks for Pete's sake!
- Mother Earth's Valium and Wiccan First Aid Kit were probably some of the funniest lines this season.
- Vampire s'mores anyone? I kid! I kid! The whole Bill and Eric rescue was a bit underwhelming. Not to mention the whole spell casting that rids Lafayette of Marnie's spirit. I mean seriously? These three yahoos could get rid of Marnie's spirit even with her controlling Jesus' demon magic. Yeah, I'm not buying it.
- I could've done without Marnie's whine fest.
- I love that Gran made an appearance even if it was kind of sad.
- Speaking of guest appearances, interesting that they brought back Renee and Steve Newlin. Although my sister's fiance thinks that he wasn't an apparition. What was up with Renee's warning? Thoughts?
- That might have been the sexiest Little Red Hiding Hood I've ever seen. I thought Jason and Jess' after sex convo was funny and sweet all at the same time.
- Poor Pam. Home girl is distraught! I'd go as far as saying she's having a complete mental breakdown.
- I cried when Jesus came to visit Lafayette. My heart was breaking for him. I mean he loses his lover and is stuck with his demon all in one episode. A bit much, no?
- THE BREAK UP SCENE! That is all.
- I hope Holly gives Andy's crazy ass a chance.
- What's with the wolf ambush on Sam?
- Guess who's back? That's right folks. It's none other than Mr. Russell Edgington! Oh noes!!
- No one threatens Sookie's life. And I mean NO ONE. Bill and Eric make one hell of a death squad. I like that they're working together.
- OMG WTF was up with the Debbie/Sookie/Tara ending?!?! I wanted her to go away not DIE!
Talk to me guys. What did you love and hate? What/Who will you miss? Any early predictions for next season?