Sunday, July 4, 2010

True Blood - Favorite Moments

Hello Bite Clubbers.  Unfortunately, we won't be getting a new episode of True Blood today so I figured we could use a little somethin' somethin' to get us through until next week.  I'd thought it'd be fun to share some of my favorite moments from Seasons 1, 2 and 3.  I also have a preview for Episode 4 as well as some very exciting True Blood news.  Let's get down to business.

Season 1
One of my favorite moments from Season 1 would have to be the introduction of Jessica's character.  I like when a show is able to enhance a book's story line and I think HBO did it just right.  Ms. Deborah Ann Woll does a good job of potraying an angsty newly turned teenage vamp.  As proof, here is a video from Jessica's blog.  Please be warned this clip contains offensive language.




Season 2
I found it harder to pick a favorite for Season 2.  I ended up with a three way tie between the showdown at the Fellowship of the Sun church, Maryann's last dance and Lafayette's character remaining on the show.  I've made it no secret that I love Lafayette's sassiness.  I think keeping him was a great move.  He shines in any scene he's in and Nelsan Ellis does an amazing job portraying him.  I also really enjoyed the drama, action and suspense involved in both the church showdown and Maryann's demise.


Season 3
I know you guys are thinking I'm going to say Alcide is my favorite moment of Season 3.  But this honor is going to none other than *drumroll please* Mr. Eric Northman.  That's right, I said it.  The Viking Sherriff of Area 5 has totally taken me by surprise this season.  I love that he's had to be vulnerable and I'm secretly enjoying the fact that he's falling for Sookie.  Alexsander Skarsgard does the alpha vamp thing to a T.  This doesn't mean I'm Team Eric or anything.  I just like to give credit where credit is due.  Besides I'm giving an honorable mention to Alcide Herveaux.  Didn't think I was going to miss a chance to mention that sexy werewolf, did ya?


Episode 4 Sneak Preview



True Blood News
According to The Hollywood Reporter, HBO has renewed True Blood for a fourth season!!  The season premiere drew 5.1 million viewers.  That's 38% higher than season two's opener.  How awesome is that?!


What were some of  your favorite characters and/or moments from Seasons 1, 2 and 3 Bite Clubbers?  What are you most looking forward to in Episode 4?  Drop us a line and let us know what's on your mind.


Oh I almost forgot....don't forget to join us on Monday and Tuesday for our Dead in the Family discussion!


HAVE A SAFE AND HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!

No comments: