Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Weres on Wednesday: Rachel Vincent's Shifter series

As I was hunting around the web for books and images for my Weres on Wednesday (WOW) post, I came across an author that I have heard many great things about but never read. After going through some excerpts I've decided that I am totally missing out. What appeals to me about Rachel Vincent's Shifters series is that they revolve around a very strong female character that is both complex and intriguing. And since I am a romantic at heart I am convinced that Faythe and Marc will get some sort of happily ever after in the final book.

Here's the blurb (and cover art) for the series that I got from her website:

Rachel’s Shifters series follows Faythe Sanders, the world’s only female werecat enforcer, as she fights to define her own role in her family and to claim a place in her Pride. The revolution is coming, and Faythe will be leading the charge. Are you ready to meet the new Alpha?








And coming soon in October 2010...Alpha, the final installment in the Shifter series.


Has anybody else read this series, and if so, what did you think about it? Does a strong female character like Faythe appeal to you?

3 comments:

Jen D. @ Not Now...I'm Reading! said...

I haven't gotten around to this series either. I'm not sure why but, it never really called my attention.

Zita said...

This is an excellent series. Faythe is a strong female character, but she's as screwed up as the rest of us, and that's what makes her likeable. I'm really looking forward to Alpha, while at the same time I'm sad to have the series end. Fortunately, I'll get to read it all again whenever I want =).

Anonymous said...

My only problem with discovering an author at the end of a series is that I can't find the first book.

*me pulling hair out in frustration*

I was really hoping that I wouldn't have to order online.