Sunday, September 25, 2011

This is really creepy

Top row shows images test subjects saw on video; bottom row is the corresponding images reconstructed by a computer, based on their brain activity. ((AP Photo/University of California, Berkeley, Shinji Nishimoto))

This isn't part of our usual routine, no vampires or werewolves here, not even a zombie in sight, but I just had to blog about it because of the wicked cool factor. This is the kind of thing that totally trips me out and keeps me awake at night while I try to ponder exactly how it was done, like thinking about space and the universe, or what happens when you die. 

So essentially the brainiacs over at Berkeley figured out how to turn our memories into images. I know, right! I've included the link for the complete news story because I can't even explain it in any way that makes sense, and I would love to hear what you have to say about this cool new research into the human mind. Amazing!


http://www.mercurynews.com/health/ci_18957353?source=email

No comments: